Margaret P. WhiteAugust 03,2013
Margaret P. WhiteMargaret P. White
If you are reading this, I have died, Margaret “Peggy” White, 81, Aug. 2, 2013, at home.
I was born June 10, 1932, in Albany, N.Y., daughter of John F. and Margaret (Walter) Westburg Sr.
I was a 1950 graduate of Rutland High School.
I enjoyed teaching skiing at Killington for 12 years.
I was employed at Hogge Penny Motor Inn and later with Westburg’s Answering Service until 2004.
I was an avid fan of the Boston Red Sox.
My survivors are a son, Jeffrey White and wife, Melody of Cornell, Ca.; a daughter, Lauren White of Oak Park, Ca.; 2 granddaughters, Victoria and husband, Gareth Gaston, and Jennifer White, both of Morris Plains, N.J.; great-grandson, Aiden Gaston.
I was predeceased by my son, David C. White and my brother, John F. Westburg Jr.
There will be no services.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland County Humane Society, Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
Thank you to all of my friends for the happy memories and many good times.
Clifford Funeral Home are in charge of my arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.