Vt Mental Health Department has new deputy commissionerThe Associated Press | August 03,2013MONTPELIER — The Vermont Department of Mental Health has a new deputy commissioner.
Officials announced Thursday that Frank Reed has been appointed deputy commissioner.
Reed has worked for the department since 1999, serving most recently as interim deputy and commissioner.
Reed is a licensed clinical social worker. He has served as president of the Vermont Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers and as a behavioral health surveyor for the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Officials say Reed’s knowledge of Vermont’s designated hospital and community services programs made him a clear choice for this position.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — A man seen manning big fishing rods and harpooning huge fish on the reality show... Full StoryMONTPELIER — A Vermont family is seeking permission to build a wind-power project of up to seven... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.