• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    MONTPELIER — Vermont has reached a deal with the federal government to move forward with a plan... Full Story
    This story appeared in the electronic edition of the Rutland Herald earlier this week. Full Story
    Shumlin to choose Dooley’s successor
    More Articles
  •