• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    BURLINGTON — Bill Lee is fielding so many phone calls he’s beginning to have second thoughts... Full Story
    ‘Spaceman’ winds up for gov race
    RANDOLPH — Environmental activists gathered Wednesday at the home of the commissioner of the... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — Former gubernatorial candidate Dan Feliciano plans to run for state auditor as a... Full Story
    More Articles