• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    WINOOSKI Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    MORE IN Vermont News

    WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton is beginning to draw contrasts with her chief... Full Story

    Clinton and Sanders showing differences

    WATERBURY — Sue Minter is banking on her leadership after Tropical Storm Irene to... Full Story

    Minter touts big names on her side: Kunin, Irene
    COLCHESTER Industrial hemp growers have harvested their second crop since the Vermont... Full Story
    More Articles