• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    WATERBURY — It’s all about the heat, the sweet, the smoke, and the savory. Full Story
    Striking the barbecue balance
    MONTPELIER — Gubernatorial candidate Bruce Lisman is challenging his rival for the Republican... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — The Vermont Democratic Party has banished a candidate who is running as a Democrat... Full Story
    Democrats boot Paige
    More Articles