• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    BARRE — Main Street was closed off for four hours Saturday morning so that once again race fans... Full Story
    Start your engines
Annual car show sets the stage for Thunder Road
    Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Lisman is calling for the state to stop pursuing a... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — A fragmented Vermont Supreme Court on Friday sided with developers of a major solar... Full Story
    More Articles