Poultney award nominees soughtJuly 31,2013Poultney award
POULTNEY — The Poultney Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for nominations for the 2014 Citizen of the Year.
Presented annually, the award honors a resident who has made major contributions to the betterment of Poultney and has provided outstanding service to the community.
Nominations are accepted in letter format and should state the name, address and phone number of the nominee, as well as a biographical sketch of the nominee and supporting testimonials.
Submission of nominations must be received by Aug. 31. They should be sent to “Citizen of the Year”, Poultney Area Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 151, Poultney, VT 05764 or delivered by hand to Mary Lee Harris at Stitchy Woman at 114 Main St. in Poultney.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.