Poultney award nominees soughtJuly 31,2013Poultney award
POULTNEY — The Poultney Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for nominations for the 2014 Citizen of the Year.
Presented annually, the award honors a resident who has made major contributions to the betterment of Poultney and has provided outstanding service to the community.
Nominations are accepted in letter format and should state the name, address and phone number of the nominee, as well as a biographical sketch of the nominee and supporting testimonials.
Submission of nominations must be received by Aug. 31. They should be sent to “Citizen of the Year”, Poultney Area Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 151, Poultney, VT 05764 or delivered by hand to Mary Lee Harris at Stitchy Woman at 114 Main St. in Poultney.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.