Brandon has higher taxesJuly 31,2013Brandon tax rates
are moving higher
BRANDON — Residents will pay higher taxes after town officials approved tax rates for the fiscal year that started July 1.
The new residential tax rate — which includes the municipal and state homestead education rates — is $2.22 per $100 of assessed property value, an increase from $2.02. This translates to a tax bill of $2,111 on a $100,000 home.
The new nonresidential tax rate is $2.19, up from $2.13. This translates to a tax bill of $2,126 on a $100,000 property.
Property tax payments are due Aug. 15, Nov. 15, Feb. 15 and May 15.MORE IN This Just InBELLOWS FALLS - A government merger between the village of Bellows Falls and the town of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation