Ludlow man to be arraigned on $8,000 theft chargeJuly 29,2013MOUNT HOLLY — A Ludlow man is scheduled to be arraigned today on charges related to the April theft of nearly $8,000 in sporting equipment.
Vermont State Police said they responded to a burglary complaint at a residence on Fenn Road in Mount Holly on April 12. According to police, someone broke into the home and stole a pair of Specialized racing bicycles — valued at $7,600 — and some ski equipment.
Police later found the bicycles for sale and allegedly traced them back to Justin Clouart, 24. According to police, Clouart was in possession of the equipment around the time of the burglary and sold the equipment to others.
Friday, police located Clouart during a traffic stop in Weathersfield. Police charged Clouart with possession of stolen property. He was held in Springfield prison on $12,000 bail and is expected to appear today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.