Ludlow man to be arraigned on $8,000 theft chargeJuly 29,2013MOUNT HOLLY — A Ludlow man is scheduled to be arraigned today on charges related to the April theft of nearly $8,000 in sporting equipment.
Vermont State Police said they responded to a burglary complaint at a residence on Fenn Road in Mount Holly on April 12. According to police, someone broke into the home and stole a pair of Specialized racing bicycles — valued at $7,600 — and some ski equipment.
Police later found the bicycles for sale and allegedly traced them back to Justin Clouart, 24. According to police, Clouart was in possession of the equipment around the time of the burglary and sold the equipment to others.
Friday, police located Clouart during a traffic stop in Weathersfield. Police charged Clouart with possession of stolen property. He was held in Springfield prison on $12,000 bail and is expected to appear today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full StoryBRANDON – The Select Board on Monday night took another stab at cobbling together a budget,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.