Ludlow man to be arraigned on $8,000 theft chargeJuly 29,2013MOUNT HOLLY — A Ludlow man is scheduled to be arraigned today on charges related to the April theft of nearly $8,000 in sporting equipment.
Vermont State Police said they responded to a burglary complaint at a residence on Fenn Road in Mount Holly on April 12. According to police, someone broke into the home and stole a pair of Specialized racing bicycles — valued at $7,600 — and some ski equipment.
Police later found the bicycles for sale and allegedly traced them back to Justin Clouart, 24. According to police, Clouart was in possession of the equipment around the time of the burglary and sold the equipment to others.
Friday, police located Clouart during a traffic stop in Weathersfield. Police charged Clouart with possession of stolen property. He was held in Springfield prison on $12,000 bail and is expected to appear today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.