Vt. man accused of NH stabbing found 'restorable'July 29,2013The Associated Press
NORTH HAVERHILL, N.H. - A psychologist has declared a Vermont man charged with fatally stabbing a private school trustee in a New Hampshire hotel lobby "not competent, but restorable."
Rodney Hill of West Danville, Vt., said he was going through a divorce and was angry over an email from his boss when he stabbed White Mountain School trustee Catherine Houghton on Jan. 28 at the Hampton Inn in Littleton. They were strangers.
The Caledonian Record reports (http://bit.ly/149TjAR) Dennis Becotte, a clinical psychologist with the state Office of the Forensic Medical Examiner, diagnosed Hill in February. A second psychologist was scheduled to examine Hill on July 11.
A judge granted a motion to seal Hill's competency evaluation and related documents on July 22.
Trial for the 37-year-old Hill has tentatively been scheduled for March 2014.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.