Police: Assault, chase leads to chargesStaff Report | July 29,2013A New York man was jailed Sunday night for allegedly assaulting a person on Maple Street in Rutland and stealing their car.
City police were called to 146 Maple St. at 8:42 p.m. Sunday for a reported domestic dispute.
At the address, police say a person who lived there told them that Eric Reid, 22, of Brooklyn, N.Y., assaulted them and stole their car. Police did not identify the injured roommate.
Police say they found Reid with the roommate's car at the corner of Library Avenue and Baxter Street. Police say he tried to flee in the vehicle but drove only a short distance to Library Avenue where he left the vehicle and fled on foot.
After a short chase, police say they apprehended Reid.
He was taken to the Rutland jail and remains held on $25,000 bail. He is scheduled to be arraigned on multiple charges today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.