VT allows voter registration during insurance buyThe Associated Press | July 29,2013MONTPELIER - Vermont will become the third state to offer voter registration through its health insurance marketplace later this year.
Secretary of State Jim Condos said Monday that he has designated Vermont Health Connect as a voter registration agency. That means Vermonters will be able to register to vote at the same time they are buying insurance under the federal health overhaul law.
California and New York are the other two states that have taken such steps.
Open enrollment begins in October.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.