Man crashes into roadside stand; faces chargesJuly 28,2013By Josh O'Gorman
PITTSFORD - A Rutland Town man is facing drunken driving charges after his vehicle allegedly crashed into a roadside stand early Sunday morning.
According to State Police, around 3 a.m., Ian D. Patch, 21, was traveling south on Route 7 near the intersection with Pinewoods Road when he reportedly fell asleep, crossed both lanes and collided with a roadside stand on the east side of the road.
According to police, Patch was wearing his seat belt, but suffered numerous cuts, as well as a concussion. Police said Patch refused medical treatment. Police screened Patch for drunken driving and gave him a citation to answer the charge Aug. 12 in Rutland criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.