Man crashes into roadside stand; faces chargesJuly 28,2013By Josh O'Gorman
PITTSFORD - A Rutland Town man is facing drunken driving charges after his vehicle allegedly crashed into a roadside stand early Sunday morning.
According to State Police, around 3 a.m., Ian D. Patch, 21, was traveling south on Route 7 near the intersection with Pinewoods Road when he reportedly fell asleep, crossed both lanes and collided with a roadside stand on the east side of the road.
According to police, Patch was wearing his seat belt, but suffered numerous cuts, as well as a concussion. Police said Patch refused medical treatment. Police screened Patch for drunken driving and gave him a citation to answer the charge Aug. 12 in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.