Man crashes into roadside stand; faces chargesJuly 28,2013By Josh O'Gorman
PITTSFORD - A Rutland Town man is facing drunken driving charges after his vehicle allegedly crashed into a roadside stand early Sunday morning.
According to State Police, around 3 a.m., Ian D. Patch, 21, was traveling south on Route 7 near the intersection with Pinewoods Road when he reportedly fell asleep, crossed both lanes and collided with a roadside stand on the east side of the road.
According to police, Patch was wearing his seat belt, but suffered numerous cuts, as well as a concussion. Police said Patch refused medical treatment. Police screened Patch for drunken driving and gave him a citation to answer the charge Aug. 12 in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.