Man who lost license faces DUI 5 chargeJuly 28,2013By Josh O'Gorman
SPRINGFIELD — A Weathersfield man with four DUI convictions is scheduled to appear in court today to answer a charge of drunken driving, fifth offense.
Saturday evening, state police received a call from someone claiming Mark Mownn, 49, had just driven off from his Tenny Hill Road residence. According to the caller, Mownn did not have a driver's license and had been drinking, police said.
With help from Springfield police, Mownn was found in Springfield and charged with drunken driving, and driving with a suspended license. He was held at Springfield prison on $2,500 bail and is scheduled to answer the charges today in White River Junction criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.