Man who lost license faces DUI 5 chargeJuly 28,2013By Josh O'Gorman
SPRINGFIELD — A Weathersfield man with four DUI convictions is scheduled to appear in court today to answer a charge of drunken driving, fifth offense.
Saturday evening, state police received a call from someone claiming Mark Mownn, 49, had just driven off from his Tenny Hill Road residence. According to the caller, Mownn did not have a driver's license and had been drinking, police said.
With help from Springfield police, Mownn was found in Springfield and charged with drunken driving, and driving with a suspended license. He was held at Springfield prison on $2,500 bail and is scheduled to answer the charges today in White River Junction criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.