Red Sox, Pedroia finalize deal
BOSTON — The Boston Red Sox and All-Star second baseman Dustin Pedroia have finalized a $110 million, eight-year contract through the 2021 season.
Pedroia had been signed for 2014 at $10 million under his old deal. The new contract was announced Wednesday.
The 5-foot-8, 165-pound infielder was the AL Rookie of the Year in 2007 and AL MVP in 2008.
Pedroia said on Tuesday that he was looking forward to completing the deal because “this is my home.”
Pedroia is batting .306 this season with 25 doubles, six home runs and 58 RBIs. In his seven-year career — all with the Red Sox — he has a .303 batting average and an on-base percentage of .371.MORE IN Wire SportsMIAMI — Before the season started, a poll suggested that the Miami Heat were the overwhelming... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.