Police: Marijuana found after chaseJuly 24,2013Police: Marijuana
found after chase
A Rutland man was arrested Monday night on two charges after a short car chase through the city.
Vermont State Police say they tried to stop Brandon Davis, 31, on Woodstock Avenue for failing to stop at a stop sign.
Davis allegedly sped off and turned onto Bellevue Avenue before stopping.
He was taken into custody and a search of his car found 2 ounces of marijuana, police said.
Davis was charged with attempting to elude police and possession of marijuana. He was cited to appear in court in September.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A pinky-bone fossil found in a Siberian cave contains the DNA from a previously unknown extinct hominid species, the Denisovans, a human ancestor who last walked the Earth 40,000 years ago. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full StoryTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned for the Thursday, July 10, 2014, edition of the newspaper: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump. 0Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.