Man arrested for DUI 4July 23,2013Man arrested for DUI 4
ROCKINGHAM — A Bellows Falls man was arrested Monday and charged with a fourth drunken driving offense. He was also charged with driving with a suspended license.
Vermont State Police said Amil Wilder, 42, was “acting strangely” near a vehicle off Route 5 in Rockingham. Wilder was “extremely intoxicated” and refused all DUI tests, according to police.
State police Lt. Tim Oliver said Wilder’s license was suspended and he was arrested Sunday as well for crashing a truck in Chester. Wilder will be arraigned Aug. 13 in criminal court in Brattleboro.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.