Constance H. ShannonJuly 23,2013
Constance H. ShannonConstance H. Shannon
PROCTOR — A memorial service for Constance Hope Adams Shannon, 99, formerly of Proctor who died Feb. 16, 2013, in Johnson City, Tenn., will be held Saturday, July 27, 2013, at 1 p.m. at the Pittsford Congregational Church in Pittsford. The Rev. Pat Jackman, pastor, will officiate.
Burial will follow in Evergreen Cemetery in Pittsford, with a reception immediately after at the church fellowship hall.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Pittsford Historical Society, PO Box 423, Pittsford, VT 05763; or the Pittsford Congregational Church, PO Box 570, Pittsford, VT 05763.
Arrangements are being handled by the Barnard Funeral Home in Pittsford.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Dutch father of microbiology Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovers the existence of one-celled organisms; in 1967, The Doors are booked to play the Ed Sullivan show; in 1858, freedom fighter Dred Scott dies on this day in St. Louis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.