William DoyleJuly 23,2013William Doyle
BELLOWS FALLS — William Doyle, 90, died Sunday, July 21, 2013, at Springfield Hospital.
He was born Feb. 10, 1923, in Rumford, Maine, the son of Joseph and Christina (Coughlin) Doyle.
He attended St. Charles School and Bellows Falls High School, where he was a softball pitcher.
He worked as a machinist for Moore & Thompson Paper Mill and Jones & Lamson.
He was a member of the American Legion, the Moose, and the Polish American Club.
He was an avid hunter who enjoyed traveling.
Survivors include a brother Lawrence Doyle; a sister Florence Stankevich; 14 nieces and a nephew. He was predeceased by his siblings Clarence Doyle, John Doyle, Mildred Bashaw, and Elizabeth Kuczynski, and a niece. He was also predeceased by a longtime friend, Clara Jurkoic.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at 1 p.m. at St. Charles Church, with burial to follow in the St. Charles Cemetery in Westminster.
Friends may call Tuesday, July 23, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Fenton & Hennessey Funeral Home in Bellows Falls.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.