MONTPELIER — If you’re unlucky in the Vermont moose permit lottery drawing Aug. 1, here’s another chance with better odds, but it will cost you.
Hunters wanting a chance in the lottery had to buy a ticket by July 5 for the chance to purchase one of 355 moose hunting permits being made available this year.
That drawing is Aug. 1, but anyone who’s unlucky there has another opportunity to enter an auction for one of five additional moose permits being distributed by that method.
The minimum auction bid is $1,500, and winners usually enter bids topping $4,000. The auction deadline is Aug. 21.
Those interested can call 828-1190 or log on to www.vtfishandwildlife.com.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Scientists and public health officials are studying a Vermont whooping cough... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.