Police: Dispute over beer leads to stabbingStaff Report | July 21,2013An argument over a beer sent a Ripton man to the hospital with a stab wound early Sunday morning.
According to Rutland City Police, Douglas Smith, 39, and Cynthia Namiot, 39, of Rutland, were drinking at a residence on Forest Street when the two had an argument over which beer belonged to whom.
According to police, Namiot stabbed Smith once in his torso. Smith was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. His condition was not immediately available.
Police charged Namiot with aggravated assault and violating the conditions of her release on an unrelated charge. She was held at Rutland jail on $50,000 bail and is scheduled to appear Monday in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.