Police: Dispute over beer leads to stabbingStaff Report | July 21,2013An argument over a beer sent a Ripton man to the hospital with a stab wound early Sunday morning.
According to Rutland City Police, Douglas Smith, 39, and Cynthia Namiot, 39, of Rutland, were drinking at a residence on Forest Street when the two had an argument over which beer belonged to whom.
According to police, Namiot stabbed Smith once in his torso. Smith was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. His condition was not immediately available.
Police charged Namiot with aggravated assault and violating the conditions of her release on an unrelated charge. She was held at Rutland jail on $50,000 bail and is scheduled to appear Monday in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.