Police: Dispute over beer leads to stabbingStaff Report | July 21,2013An argument over a beer sent a Ripton man to the hospital with a stab wound early Sunday morning.
According to Rutland City Police, Douglas Smith, 39, and Cynthia Namiot, 39, of Rutland, were drinking at a residence on Forest Street when the two had an argument over which beer belonged to whom.
According to police, Namiot stabbed Smith once in his torso. Smith was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. His condition was not immediately available.
Police charged Namiot with aggravated assault and violating the conditions of her release on an unrelated charge. She was held at Rutland jail on $50,000 bail and is scheduled to appear Monday in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation