Motorcyclist, passenger in fair condition after crashJuly 21,2013By Josh O'Gorman
WEST PAWLET- A pair of New Hampshire residents are listed in fair condition following a motorcycle crash Saturday afternoon.
Around 3:30 p.m., state police responded to a crash on Route 30. According to police, Ricky Sprague, 56, of Hinsdale, N.H., was riding north near the intersection with North Pawlet Road when he lost control of his 2004 Kawasaki motorcycle.
According to police, the motorcycle slid on its side before striking a wooden fence. Both Sprague and his passenger, Joanne Sprague, 50, of Hinsdale, N.H., were taken to Rutland Region Medial Center, where they were listed in fair condition this afternoon, according to a hospital spokeswoman.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.