Crash with van nets motorcyclist drunken driven chargeJuly 21,2013By Josh O'Gorman
GUILFORD- Police said a Vernon man was under the influence of alcohol when he crashed his motorcycle into the back of a van Friday evening.
Around 6 p.m., state police responded to a crash on Route 5. According to police, Brian A. Cobb, 36, was riding a motorcycle when he tried and failed to pass a van. Instead, police said, he drove his motorcycle into the rear of the van.
Cobb was taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, where he was treated and released. None of the occupants of the van were injured.
Afterward receiving medical treatment, police charged Cobb with drunken driving and released him with a citation to answer the charge Aug. 6 in Brattleboro criminal court.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.