Crash with van nets motorcyclist drunken driven chargeJuly 21,2013By Josh O'Gorman
GUILFORD- Police said a Vernon man was under the influence of alcohol when he crashed his motorcycle into the back of a van Friday evening.
Around 6 p.m., state police responded to a crash on Route 5. According to police, Brian A. Cobb, 36, was riding a motorcycle when he tried and failed to pass a van. Instead, police said, he drove his motorcycle into the rear of the van.
Cobb was taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, where he was treated and released. None of the occupants of the van were injured.
Afterward receiving medical treatment, police charged Cobb with drunken driving and released him with a citation to answer the charge Aug. 6 in Brattleboro criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.