Cruiser damaged in crashJuly 20,2013MOUNT HOLLY — A Vermont State Police cruiser was damaged Friday in a crash that police say was caused by an inattentive driver.
Trooper Erin Hodges was parked on the side of Route 103 during a traffic stop at 11 a.m. Friday when her cruiser was struck from behind by a 2003 Pontiac Vibe driven by Maria Thompson, 79, of East Wallingford.
No one was injured in the crash but there was damage to both vehicles, police say.
Thompson was deemed to be at fault and was issued two traffic tickets for failing to maintain her lane and for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle with its lights activated, police said.
The crash remains under investigation.MORE IN This Just In@$ID/[No paragraph style]:Albert J. Marro / Staff Photo Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation