Cruiser damaged in crashJuly 20,2013MOUNT HOLLY — A Vermont State Police cruiser was damaged Friday in a crash that police say was caused by an inattentive driver.
Trooper Erin Hodges was parked on the side of Route 103 during a traffic stop at 11 a.m. Friday when her cruiser was struck from behind by a 2003 Pontiac Vibe driven by Maria Thompson, 79, of East Wallingford.
No one was injured in the crash but there was damage to both vehicles, police say.
Thompson was deemed to be at fault and was issued two traffic tickets for failing to maintain her lane and for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle with its lights activated, police said.
The crash remains under investigation.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.