Cruiser damaged in crashJuly 20,2013MOUNT HOLLY — A Vermont State Police cruiser was damaged Friday in a crash that police say was caused by an inattentive driver.
Trooper Erin Hodges was parked on the side of Route 103 during a traffic stop at 11 a.m. Friday when her cruiser was struck from behind by a 2003 Pontiac Vibe driven by Maria Thompson, 79, of East Wallingford.
No one was injured in the crash but there was damage to both vehicles, police say.
Thompson was deemed to be at fault and was issued two traffic tickets for failing to maintain her lane and for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle with its lights activated, police said.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.