Man charged for shooting gun at Hartland Park and RideJuly 19,2013Man charged with shooting at stop off
@$ID/NormalParagraphStyle:HARTLAND — An Ascutney man was arrested July 2 for allegedly shooting a gun at a park and ride in Hartland, police said.
According to the investigation, Justin Paquette, 24, discharged a shotgun during a disagreement with another man in the parking lot. A shotgun cartridge was recovered on the ground where eyewitnesses said the shooting occurred.
State Police seized the weapon but then said Paquette allegedly provided them with false information. Paquette was charged with reckless endangerment and providing false information to law officials.
Paquette will be arraigned Sept. 10 at criminal court in White River Junction.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.