MONTPELIER — Vermont’s 2013 moose auction is open for bids.
The auction for five moose hunting permits is open until Aug. 21 with a minimum bid amount of $1,500.
Winners will choose to hunt in one of several wildlife management units open to moose hunting. They’ll be able to choose to hunt during the Oct. 1-7 archery season or in the Oct. 19-24 regular season.
Bids do not include the cost of a hunting license or moose hunting permit fee.
Information about the auction can be found at www.vtfishandwildlife.com.
Proceeds from the moose hunting permit auction help fund Vermont Fish and Wildlife educational programs. Winning bids are typically at least $4,000.
The lottery drawing for 355 regular moose season permits and 50 archery season permits will be held Aug. 1 in Montpelier.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.