MONTPELIER — Vermont’s 2013 moose auction is open for bids.
The auction for five moose hunting permits is open until Aug. 21 with a minimum bid amount of $1,500.
Winners will choose to hunt in one of several wildlife management units open to moose hunting. They’ll be able to choose to hunt during the Oct. 1-7 archery season or in the Oct. 19-24 regular season.
Bids do not include the cost of a hunting license or moose hunting permit fee.
Information about the auction can be found at www.vtfishandwildlife.com.
Proceeds from the moose hunting permit auction help fund Vermont Fish and Wildlife educational programs. Winning bids are typically at least $4,000.
The lottery drawing for 355 regular moose season permits and 50 archery season permits will be held Aug. 1 in Montpelier.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation