MONTPELIER — Vermont’s 2013 moose auction is open for bids.
The auction for five moose hunting permits is open until Aug. 21 with a minimum bid amount of $1,500.
Winners will choose to hunt in one of several wildlife management units open to moose hunting. They’ll be able to choose to hunt during the Oct. 1-7 archery season or in the Oct. 19-24 regular season.
Bids do not include the cost of a hunting license or moose hunting permit fee.
Information about the auction can be found at www.vtfishandwildlife.com.
Proceeds from the moose hunting permit auction help fund Vermont Fish and Wildlife educational programs. Winning bids are typically at least $4,000.
The lottery drawing for 355 regular moose season permits and 50 archery season permits will be held Aug. 1 in Montpelier.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Different people have different stars. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.