Free concert in Killington tonightJuly 18,2013KILLINGTON — The Dan Walker Trio will perform a free outdoor concert from 6 to 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Sherburne Memorial Library on River Road.
Walker offers a high-energy Americana sound, an acoustic guitar and a soulful voice. He has toured the country, supporting acts such as Livingston Taylor, Martin Sexton and Merle Haggard.
The performance is part of the River Road Concert Series, with live music every Thursday evening through Aug. 15. It is co-sponsored by Killington Parks and Recreation Department, the Sherburne Memorial Library and the Sherburne Friends of the Library.
The performances are free and guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy the summer nights and the natural amphitheater of the hills on River Road.
To learn more about the concert series or other activities offered by Killington Parks and Recreation Department, visit killingtonrec.com.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — Vermont Health Department says eight children from the Charlotte Central... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.