Pair who followed band face drug charges in NJJuly 18,2013FREEHOLD, N.J. — Two men who authorities say followed the band Furthur are facing drug charges in New Jersey.
Police arrested 31-year-old Adam Sacks of Mount Holly, and 21-year-old Kyle Lewis of Catskill, N.Y., after searching their motel room in Tinton Falls.
The Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office says officers found a large quantity of methamphetamine, LSD, marijuana and hashish oil. Police also confiscated more than $51,000, which prosecutors suspect were proceeds of drug sales.
The men had tickets for performances of Furthur at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel in addition to several other shows by that group that mainly performs Grateful Dead songs.
Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni says he won’t tolerate traveling drug dealers who want to follow a band.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.