Pair who followed band face drug charges in NJJuly 18,2013FREEHOLD, N.J. — Two men who authorities say followed the band Furthur are facing drug charges in New Jersey.
Police arrested 31-year-old Adam Sacks of Mount Holly, and 21-year-old Kyle Lewis of Catskill, N.Y., after searching their motel room in Tinton Falls.
The Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office says officers found a large quantity of methamphetamine, LSD, marijuana and hashish oil. Police also confiscated more than $51,000, which prosecutors suspect were proceeds of drug sales.
The men had tickets for performances of Furthur at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel in addition to several other shows by that group that mainly performs Grateful Dead songs.
Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni says he won’t tolerate traveling drug dealers who want to follow a band.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.