Pair who followed band face drug charges in NJJuly 18,2013FREEHOLD, N.J. — Two men who authorities say followed the band Furthur are facing drug charges in New Jersey.
Police arrested 31-year-old Adam Sacks of Mount Holly, and 21-year-old Kyle Lewis of Catskill, N.Y., after searching their motel room in Tinton Falls.
The Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office says officers found a large quantity of methamphetamine, LSD, marijuana and hashish oil. Police also confiscated more than $51,000, which prosecutors suspect were proceeds of drug sales.
The men had tickets for performances of Furthur at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel in addition to several other shows by that group that mainly performs Grateful Dead songs.
Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni says he won’t tolerate traveling drug dealers who want to follow a band.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.