Wallingford store robbedJuly 18,2013Police seek
WALLINGFORD ó Vermont State Police are searching for an unidentified man who allegedly robbed a convenience store on Route 103 on Tuesday night.
Police said a man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and gray T-shirt entered the Macís Convenience Store at 263 Route 103 in East Wallingford at 9:30 p.m. and demanded money from the register.
The suspect, a white man in his 20s, didnít display a weapon or issue any threats, police said and no one was injured during the incident. Police say the clerk complied with the demand and the suspect, who stood between 5 feet, 10 inches and 6 feet tall with a slender build, left the store. No customers were in the store at the time of the robbery, police say.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101 or anonymously at vsp.vermont.gov.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.