Wallingford store robbedJuly 18,2013Police seek
WALLINGFORD ó Vermont State Police are searching for an unidentified man who allegedly robbed a convenience store on Route 103 on Tuesday night.
Police said a man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and gray T-shirt entered the Macís Convenience Store at 263 Route 103 in East Wallingford at 9:30 p.m. and demanded money from the register.
The suspect, a white man in his 20s, didnít display a weapon or issue any threats, police said and no one was injured during the incident. Police say the clerk complied with the demand and the suspect, who stood between 5 feet, 10 inches and 6 feet tall with a slender build, left the store. No customers were in the store at the time of the robbery, police say.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101 or anonymously at vsp.vermont.gov.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.