Wallingford store robbedJuly 18,2013Police seek
WALLINGFORD ó Vermont State Police are searching for an unidentified man who allegedly robbed a convenience store on Route 103 on Tuesday night.
Police said a man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and gray T-shirt entered the Macís Convenience Store at 263 Route 103 in East Wallingford at 9:30 p.m. and demanded money from the register.
The suspect, a white man in his 20s, didnít display a weapon or issue any threats, police said and no one was injured during the incident. Police say the clerk complied with the demand and the suspect, who stood between 5 feet, 10 inches and 6 feet tall with a slender build, left the store. No customers were in the store at the time of the robbery, police say.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101 or anonymously at vsp.vermont.gov.MORE IN This Just InA Rutland woman who spray painted a response to graffiti left outside her house was issued a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?