Wallingford store robbedJuly 18,2013Police seek
WALLINGFORD ó Vermont State Police are searching for an unidentified man who allegedly robbed a convenience store on Route 103 on Tuesday night.
Police said a man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and gray T-shirt entered the Macís Convenience Store at 263 Route 103 in East Wallingford at 9:30 p.m. and demanded money from the register.
The suspect, a white man in his 20s, didnít display a weapon or issue any threats, police said and no one was injured during the incident. Police say the clerk complied with the demand and the suspect, who stood between 5 feet, 10 inches and 6 feet tall with a slender build, left the store. No customers were in the store at the time of the robbery, police say.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101 or anonymously at vsp.vermont.gov.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.