Loretta D. LukasewiczJuly 18,2013Loretta D. Lukasewicz
BELMONT, N.H. — Loretta Dion Lukasewicz, 82, died July 12, 2013, at Hospice in Concord, N.H.
She was born and raised in Wallgrass, Maine.
She enjoyed ceramics.
Survivors include five children, Jimmy Pelletier, Rodger Pelletier, Nancy Maniery, Rodney Dion, and Danny Dion; two brothers, Mike Bouchard and Danny Bouchard; five sisters, Lucille Saucier, Lorraine Gagnon, Dorilda Boutot, Cecile Bouchard and Shirley Bouchard; 14 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a son, Johnny Dion.
A graveside ceremony will be held Sunday, July 21, 2013, at 2 p.m. at Pleasantview Cemetery in Ludlow, Vt.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.