2 die of injuries from car crashJuly 16,2013STOCKBRIDGE — An elderly couple has died of injuries suffered a car crash last month in Stockbridge.
Police said the car being driven by 89-year-old Henry Maxham of Rochester crashed on Route 107 on June 16. Maxham and a passenger, 91-year-old Doris Bowen of Rochester, both were injured. Police said Maxham had fallen asleep while driving.
Police said Maxham died on July 4 of complications from his injuries. Bowen died on July 1, also of complications from injuries suffered in the crash.
Police are still investigating the crash.MORE IN This Just InA Bennington man incarcerated in the Rutland jail is accused of attacking another inmate as he... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,