Guilty plea in theft from firmJuly 16,2013A Vermont woman has pleaded guilty to a charge of wire fraud for taking money from a Brattleboro law firm.
Kimberly Wilde of Guilford was employed by the Potter Stewart Law Offices until January. She managed the firm’s finances.
The U.S. attorney’s office charged that starting in 2007, the 49-year-old Wilde embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars from the firm by fraudulently causing it to issue company checks that benefited her; causing electronic transfers of firm funds to pay personal bills; and misusing firm credit cards.
Prosecutors said in an effort to conceal the misappropriation, Wilde falsified and altered bank statements and other financial records.
Wilde pleaded guilty Monday in federal court in Rutland. She awaits sentencing.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.